According to the developers, in Paranormal no haunting is ever the same, thanks to the complex action-reaction and randomization system. Which as a Paranormal Investigator myself, every investigation IS never the same, with all the past history of different locations just adding to that scare factor. This game features: Free Content Updates: New scenarios, locations, characters, gameplay mechanics, and more!
Also as even Investigators need our sleep but Ghosts and Spirits don't, Paranormal has a Sleep System. Switch to static cameras to watch the house as you sleep and with added Creepy Sounds Headphone users can rejoice!
Controller Support: Xbox 360 controller and Mouse & Keyboard support
But what about the game play and view point? Well, in Paranormal it's viewed through a First-Person Camera: Much like Paranormal Activity or Blair Witch Project, the view is that of the camera. It also gives me a Project Zero vibe, which scared the **** out of me! You will also have an Intricate Ghost Story: Uncover the mystery through journal entries.
Sound like your sort of Haunt? Paranormal is now available to buy on Desura & needs your votes on Steam Greenlight. But before we get to that, check out all these nifty features listed that Paranormal has.
- Free Content Updates FOREVER: Paranormal will receive free content updates that add new locations, stories, scenarios, scares, gameplay mechanics, and more! You will NEVER have to pay for DLC in Paranormal. The game's content is planned to double or even triple with each major content update.
- Collectibles: In your bedroom, there's a shelf where all the collectibles you find are displayed.
- Sleep System: Sleeping in your bed recharges your camera's batteries and also has a chance of triggering other events.
- Flashlight (camera light): Creates a bright, short ranged light that casts dynamic shadows.
- Newer sound effects: I've totally redone the sound in the game, optimizing it for surround sound or headphones.
- Controller support: The game will launch with full XBOX 360 Controller support, as well as native Mouse + Keyboard.
- Dynamic Haunting: I've revamped the dynamic haunting features from the tech demo I released, adding multiple outcomes, dynamic triggers, countless variables, and an action-reaction system. This will make your experience with the game much more unique and memorable, without missing out on anything important.
- First-Person Camera: Much like in the movies 'Paranormal Activity' or 'The Blair Witch Project', the viewpoint will be that of a camera being held by a person (the player). Effects like camera shake, pixelation, video distortion, audio distortion, and motion blur will all be present thanks to the camera screen-space shader I built for everything.
- An entire town to explore with randomly generated content.
- A new storyline with new characters, including a new main character.
- New gameplay mechanics (will elaborate at later date).
- Still played in the found-footage style (like Paranormal Activity and Blair Witch Project).
- Confirmed locations in the town currently include: A highschool.
- The story will be related to the story from the base game.
- If you like Silent Hill, you should be excited-that's where we're taking some inspiration from.
- More story-driven experience while still maintaining the random nature of the game.
- More features to be announced at a later date.
DESURA 50% OFF as of this article!