A lot of people are currently having issues joining not only the WarZ servers/Updater but also the forums. I myself have been having this issue all evening, here is the temporary fix, in other words you can revert back if you so wish.
It's most likely down to a DNS issue and many of us including my self are using the google DNS servers. I've changed back to my ISP DNS servers and everything is working again. Here is a rough guide in how to change your DNS servers. I'd recommend if you are using google DNS (as i was), to change and use your default ISP DNS servers or another DNS server.
- Click Start.
- Select Programs.
- Select Accessories and locate the Command Prompt shortcut.
- Right click the Command Prompt shortcut and select Run as Administrator from the drop down menu.
- Type ipconfig /release in the command prompt.
- Wait a few seconds for a reply that the IP address has been released.
- Type ipconfig /renew in the command prompt.
- Wait a few seconds for a reply that the IP address has been re-established.
- Type ipconfig /flushdns in the command prompt.
- Use Ipconfig /all to make sure the DNS servers have changed
If it STILL doesn't work, Try resetting your router... Granted this isn't fun, I was hoping to be able to play WarZ most of tonight before Hospital, but these constant down times are really annoying :(
- Close the command prompt and you should be good to go!
UPDATE : I also tried the Open DNS servers and that doesn't work either, the ONLY DNS servers that are currently working with WarZ for me are my ISP's!
UPDATE 2: A member by the name of HalfzeRO has told me of another DNS server listing that gets the game up and working, one is a Norton DNS server and the other a DNS Recursive Server!
- 188.8.131.52 = Norton DNS
- 184.108.40.206 = Recursion DNS