(More writers needed) - Here at Indie Retro News we've had a successful number of years under our belt with well over 5 million views, however what we need now is more writers! If you love writing about retro releases, the latest Indie games or just Kickstarter news, we want YOU. You must be able to spell and willing to write at least once a week. Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
WinUAE 2.6.0 Beta 5 - The BEST Amiga Emulator
Toni Wilen has released the latest beta 2.6.0 Version 5 of this amazing Amiga Emulator WinUAE. Which enables us to play Amiga games on windows. After testing a few games with this new version, they are now working so much better than before!
So let's see what's been updated!
- RDB hardfile dragndrop to hardfiles panel added empty hardfile.
- Windowed mode bottom border "led" state didn't always match OSD led state.
- SCSI emulation improved, select and transfer starting from 0x45 can be used to receive data.
- SCSI emulation WD33C93 is now correctly detected as revision A, not B. (only B has Queue Tag register)
- 68060 MMU: BFCHG, BFCLR, BFSET and BFINS are read-modify-write instructions.
- GUI IDE/SCSI CD path was not updated in harddrive list when CD was changed using "Select image file" button.
- 68040/060 MMU emulation fix, PFLUSH/PFLUSHN only flushed supervisor space ATC. Hopefully this was the last major 040/060 MMU bug. Weird NetBSD and Linux crashes are gone.
- Subtle Shades / Nuance remaining graphics glitches fixed. (NOTE: ECS only, OCS has corrupted graphics and it is correct behavior)
- GUI "Swap Ports" cleared custom mappings.
- 68040/060 no FPU/disabled FPU exceptions now include correctly calculated EA field. This should allow "compatible" 040/060 FPU emulation with correctly handled missing instructions in the future (currently 040/060 FPU always supports all 68881/2 instructions)
- Added new keyboard custom event type, "kbr <string>". For example 'kbr "abc " SHIFT_LEFT "abc" shift_left RETURN' generates "abc ABC<return>". Input name in upper case = press, lower case = release. Quoted string automatically sends both press and release key codes. Any unreleased keys are automatically released at the end. Non-quoted names are same as input event config names without KEY-prefix. (inputevents.def in source archive)
- Adjusted drive step limit value slightly, Extemporized / Digital works again.
- Fixed virtual mouse driver mouse movement problem (b1)
Also available are easy to install OS packages which again you may need certain legal files, but there is nothing more satisfying than having an Amiga OS running through an emulator. Further more, you can make separate installs of WinUAE by making a WinUAE.ini file in the same directory as WinUAE.exe. However make sure when you update, that you delete everything in the WinUAE.ini file(back up previous).
Amiga in a Box(Currently having legal issues with files)
- We will not provide Amiga retail games or Operating System files -