Toni Wilen has just released the latest beta build of the Amiga emulator WinUAE (2.8.0 beta 15). Previously named version 2.7.1, due to it not being a small update and possibly feature complete. It looks as if this may be the final beta build, but it will be interesting to see if the final version will be 2.7.1 or 2.8.0. But in any case, it's still worth updating to the latest version for the best fixes! If any issues arise it's always worth reporting it on the forums to Toni. Read on for the changelog.Emulated Consoles/Systems : Amiga, Amiga CD32
Beta 15: (Should be feature complete now. Perhaps)
- Finally bumped version to 2.8.0. This isn't small 2.7.0 update (Should have been done since b6 or so..)DOWNLOAD
- FPU register negative zero transformed to positive zero when it was written to or read from memory in extended FP format (FMOVE.X FPx,<ea> or FMOVE.X <ea>,FPx or FMOVEM). No one should care as usual.
- When loading FPU register from memory in extended format, normalize any "unnormal" zero. (non-zero exponent but zero mantissa part). Motorola FPUs do this automatically, x86 FPU does not seem to like them. (Another mostly Next specific update)
- Programmed mode autoresolution should now work with strange modes like highgfx.
- Only allow CPU mode changes between instructions, previously change sometimes happened mid-instruction (during instruction internal memory read/write) which wasn't safe.
- Small tweak to recent sprite update (Hybris)