WinUAE 2.8.0 (Beta 17) - The latest Amiga emulator release!
This is the latest update for the Amiga emulator WinUAE 2.8.0, as we are now at beta 17! The previous beta (16) had a number of issues related to scaling which needed fixing, and thanks to Toni Wilen, those fixes are now in this version. If you want the latest fixes and want to relive those Amiga days without a real Amiga, then head on over to the download and check it out.
Emulated Consoles/Systems : Amiga, Amiga CD32
- Debugger breakpoints work again. (b14)
- Full CPUSHA/CPUSHL/CPUSHP disassembly implemented.
- Integer scale mode compatibility improved with programmed display modes.
- Integer scale mode changes Filter panel zoom slider range to -99 to 99 and is used to adjust integer scaling calculation. For example -10 means if next largest scaling factor is selected even if display height is 10% too big to fit normally. (This was implemented already but it didn't work properly)
- Fixed fill_line() top/bottom background line drawing buffer overflow in some programmed modes.
- Some programmed modes had single short background colored line in left horizontal blanking area.
- Command line (or icon doubleclick) loaded config didn't reset previously loaded config (default.uae, if it existed)
- Emulated more Fat Gary address regions that are unmapped (CIA is same as Gayle, upper 32k in clock space and Gary register space are unmapped, 0xdf0000-0xdf7fff is also unmapped)
- Emulate Fat Gary invalid address space access timeout if Gary timeout bit is set, first 50 timeouts are always logged. To prevent last moment stupid bugs or bug reports, delay is not yet enabled.
If Beta updates are not your thing then stick with the final 2.7.0. You may also be interested to note that another great Amiga Emulator using a brilliant GUI (FS-UAE) was also updated to a new final build, so check that out as well here.