Toni Wilen is still hard at work on the latest version of the Amiga emulator WinUAE and as such we are now at 2.8.1 Beta 2, which contains more bug fixes from beta 1. Bug fixes such as - Quickstart GUI disk eject button was unreliable and - Reduced diskready (motor rotating at full speed) activation time by small amount, fixes Critical Mass / Parallax. So if you want the latest and best Amiga emulator release, then read on for the change log.
- Quickstart GUI disk eject button was unreliable.
- HAM mode right border in some situations (Uridium 2 title screeen in some filter modes), also restored proper operation (got broken long time ago) of original "fast mode" if HAM scanline does not have any color register changes.
- CIA update (which I forgot to mention in b1 changelog) improved, was not fully compatible if CPU was faster than 68000 , do not trigger CIA interrupt while CPU is accessing any CIA register (not 100% confirmed but seems to be true), this also made b1 CPU mode switching unreliable.
- Reduced disk ready (motor rotating at full speed) activation time by small amount, fixes Critical Mass / Parallax.
- Disk inserted (if replacing existing disk) and disk ready bit setting time is now more "random", now delay time counts scanlines, previously it counted vblanks (=disk was always inserted at vblank)
- Removed 270b16 Windows 8.1 mouse bug workaround, bug seems to be fixed.