What better way to celebrate the upcoming Amiga day than another beta release of the PC-Amiga emulator WinUAE. This is beta 2.8.1 beta 3 which contains a number of bug fixes such as do not show "hpos = 256!?" error dialogue and.... On the fly (not using GUI) switching from Automatic resize filter, but again read the change log for further information. The good news though for those that don't want to update, Toni Wilen has also announced the final release date which should be available in 1 to 2 weeks time!
- Do not show "hpos = 256!?" error dialog if something writes very bad values to programmed display mode registers.
- "Magic mouse" now stays disabled unless there is at least one open Intuition Screen.
- If relative path mode, support also relative paths that point outside of winuae root directory.
- BPLCON2 KILLEHB bit still required AGA instead of ECS Denise. This was supposed to be fixed in 1.4.5. (But no one cares, pre-AGA it was only meant for genlock stuff)
- Removed "Unimplemented error" dialog if directory filesystem returns unhandled/unknown win32 disk error codes, adds log message, returns ERROR_OBJECT_NOT_AROUND. (Most common causes are network filesystem problems, file/directory errors due security problems etc, no new missing errors reported for long time)
- On the fly (not using GUI) switching from Automatic resize filter to another filter mode may have incorrectly changed window size in some situations.