Z - Bitmap Brothers hit RTS classic appears on Steam!
We've just been informed by mr Anon that Z, the hit RTS classic by the Bitmap Brothers has now appeared on Steam. This was a fantastic game from 1996 that had not only a unique RTS style to it but a very quirky humor. A great RTS indeed, with lots of weapons, vehicles and plenty of strategic planning, a highly regarded RTS in the classic world of gaming. As of yet we don't know what platforms it will be available on but the release date is the 7th June 2014!
• Z is a real time war game played in a totally free environment.
• A breathtaking race to capture territory and resources. Crush your enemy before they overpower you.
• Over thirty minutes of humorous movie sequences provide intros and outros for each level.
• Movie and in game voice overs are spoken in English, French, German, Italian or Spanish.
• Z has a conditional Music system, which reflects in real time the mood of the battle.
• Z has six types of Robot soldiers each with their own individual personalities. Will they carry out your orders and march into the jaws of hell? Or will they chicken and run?
• Robots perform up to 40 different actions, armed with rifles, machine guns and antitank missile launchers.
• Twenty challenging levels set on five planets each with a unique terrain ranging from Arctic waste to lands of fire and lava.
• In game world map and radar which can be displayed at any time.
• Lots of hardware for you and your soldiers to control, ranging from three types of tanks, jeeps, repair vehicles and armoured personal carriers to field guns and missile launchers.
• Robot leaders provide you with spoken alerts throughout the game.
• Capture and control installations including factories manufacturing robots and vehicles, radar and vehicle repair facilities.
• You choose what kind of robot or vehicle your factories manufacture.
• Z comes with pictorial player guide.