Every so often we get a bit of game news that really gets the old gaming goosebumps going and today that game is FranknJohn by bitSmith Games. You play as FranknJohn who has the ultimate in head weaponry and must face down many fearsome enemies and powerful bosses through a crazy, frantic, in your face destructive smash em up style of game play. What sets this game apart from all the others is the fact that it's your head that can be swung about and jabbed at enemies to take them out, it sounds odd but it seriously works well in this game.
Another neat feature is FranknJohn's head can be swapped out to dozens of different Skullcaps that can change your attacks and grant new abilities. You'll also be pleased to know this game will ship with an unlockable playable character, MaryAnn who differs in gaming style to that of FranknJohn.
FranknJohn is looking to be a brilliantly crazy yet fun and frantic game, that I'd gladly exchange my own head for a piece of the action.
- Launch FranknJohn's chained head with full 360° control
- Experiment with dozens of Skullcaps that alter gameplay in many different ways
- Random generated, sprawling levels packed with items, collectables and secrets - no two playthroughs are the same!
- Swappable and upgradeable body parts can be stitched onto FranknJohn, allowing customization to your playstyle
- Original Soundtrack by Ben Prunty
- Battle through four uniquely themed worlds and piece together the dark history of its occupants
- Perma-death, challenging enemies and powerful bosses will keep you on your toes.
The developers are looking to reach a Kickstarter funding goal of £30,000, and with only 10 days to go, it's down to you to give it that push.
Demo : PC