Retro platformers are all the rage at the moment, hence the popularity via Kickstarter and steam. So here comes Shovel Knight, by Yacht Club Games which is also a platformer that will feature very highly on your recommended list. Although this is slightly different than the platformer we are used to, especially as you play as a knight with a shovel, that not only can be used to bounce on traps, hit enemies or smash blocks. Shovel Knight does look pretty damn fine, with it's SNES graphical palette, retro sound track, countless enemies and big bosses. What's just as cool is the scrolling background layers, giving a real illusion of depth to the game. This game was also a Kickstarter success and it's with great excitement to announce that within 5hrs Shovel Knight will be available on Steam... A must buy!
Available on Steam today!
- Shovel Knight’s beautifully authentic style bridges the gap between yesterday and today. Design, art, and audio hearken back to the days of 8-bit.
- The systems of today also give Shovel Knight modern touches: detailed animation, multilayered parallax backgrounds, and evolved game design.
- Perfect your platforming skills as you take down each of the knights of the Order of No Quarter.
- Flip enemies! Leap over gaps! Duel with foes! Dig up treasure! Find Secrets! Upgrade! Shovel Knight is simple to learn and play, but challenge lies everywhere.
- Awesome soundtrack by Jake "Virt" Kaufman with additional songs by Manami Matsumae!
- Master an array of magical Relic subweapons.
- Amass riches to upgrade your armor and weapons.
- Detailed, living background and animation! Big, beautiful pixels!
- Crazy bosses and lovable characters.
- Balanced gameplay is a warm welcome to newcomers, and an old embrace for experts.
- A light touch to narrative with humor, levity, and heart.
- Overworld Map allows your quest unfold in a unique order!