So we will be questing like other RPG's but instead of questing for gold, jewels and other such loot, we will be questing for recipe's to be used in the tavern as well as building an arena... I guess that the arena in Oblivion must have been bringing in a lot of money so why can't we have a slice of the action?!
Developers notes about the gameplay:
"Fortune's Tavern is a real-time, fantasy, tavern-simulator where you take on the role of Mathias Gambridge, the latest in a long line of owners of the notorious tavern. It's your job to rebuild and renovate the ailing tavern against the backdrop of a fantasy world at war.
Yet turning a profit in troubled times is never easy, what with bandit raids, hauntings, infestations, prowling hordes of zombies, and tavern guests from opposing factions who want nothing better than to kill each other.
Fortune's Tavern does offer the aspiring tavern owner some advantages however, in the form of copious outbuildings to help boost its appeal; such as shrines, temples, a forge, and a fight pit in which you can host a variety of different fight nights to entertain your guests and earn extra gold.
If you can struggle through the wars and the paranormal and still turn a profit, then an epic adventure awaits as you delve into the depths of the taverns 'endless' basements, with hired heroes to protect you, to discover the dark and terrifying secret of the tavern's founder, Xavier Fortune. Will you succeed, or like your predecessors, will you be driven into madness, poverty, and an early grave?"
The whole thing has a whiff of the sims mixed in with your average RPG, although such a concoction could actually be rather thrilling at times, after spending an hour renovating your tavern you now crave an adventure so you pay a few mercenaries to help as you dive into the RPG elements of fighting. With a craving of adventure, I can see this working out really well. You wont get bored as you will be changing roles constantly.
"Experience the life of a medieval tavern owner as you struggle to make a profit
amidst a world filled with fantastic creatures, treasures, bandits, and
- Renovate and rebuild a fantasy tavern.
- Build bedrooms, temples, a forge, cottages, pet cave, and a fighting pit.
- Hire cooks, blacksmiths, battle managers, adventurers, and priests.
- Set rents and customise a menu.
- Listen to your guests’ rumours and fund quests."
- Expect infestations of rats... or worse!
- Settle grudge matches between patrons in your fighting pits.
- Deal with bandit and zombie raids.
- Handle visitations from mystical creatures and demi-gods.
- Find your rooms haunted by restless spirits.
- Cope with natural disasters."
"As the tavern improves more and unique guests will come to stay from a variety of races and backgrounds.
- Every NPC has a unique name and background.
- Some can be hired to cook, work the forge, manage the fight pits, and act as your tavern’s priest
- Adventurers can be hired to undertake quests.
- NPCs can fall in love and marry.
- Heroes from different alignments can brawl."
- Hatch eggs to discover new and interesting creatures to raise.
- Pets respond according to alignment.
- Over 50 creatures to tame and to accompany you on quests.
- Breed creatures to make new stronger pets."
I want this now!
Well i'm sold, I'll be contributing my fair share to the kickstarter and if you would like to as well then I will add a link down below.
Article by David G