Chocolate Doom is another Doom source port that has had a new version released today. Released as version 2.1.0, Chocolate Doom is a conservative, historically accurate Doom source port which is compatible with the thousands of mods and levels that were made before the Doom source code was released. This release brings some rather significant improvements over Chocolate Doom 2.0.0, so those of you who are Doom fans should do well to up date!
- Support for substitute music packs in Ogg Vorbis or FLAC formats, intended to replace OPL or MIDI synthesis with recordings from a Roland SC-55
- Support for joysticks and gamepads has improved significantly, with several built-in configurations for common devices
- Multiplayer with fully working sound should work for all platforms now. The old netsync code is also presently the default mode until 2.0.0's kinks can be worked out.
- PNG screenshots are now supported. Taking screenshots without -devparm is also supported.
- The -geometry command-line parameter now works more like PrBoom, allowing you to specify a windowed or full-screen mode with the letters 'w' or 'f' appended to the dimensions.
- All games now exit with a helpful error message when the wrong IWAD is loaded (eg, hexen.wad with Chocolate Strife)