Put aside your survival games and pixelated platformers and look towards a game that isn't just insanely chaotic but has tons of fire power that would look good on any system. It's time for Dr. Spacezoo; an arcade action packed shoot em up from Smashriot that has you Infiltrating Space Zoos and saving starving exotic space animals from a corrupt AI.
"In 2143, Space Zoos are automated facilities run by a centralized AI that was created by Dr. Spacezoo. Historically, the Space Zoo AI provided excellent care and the utmost comfort for all of the exotic space animals. However, the Space Zoo AI was recently corrupted by an unknown entitiy and is currently starving the exotic space animals and destroying any visitors.The quality of the game is certainly above and beyond what you'd expect from a free game. It has that retro style to it, with lasers and bullets hitting you from all sides and is available to play on PC, Mac, Linux or in your web browser. Furthermore, the developer has stated that this is just mission 1 with the full version of Dr. Spacezoo possible for an early 2015 completion and will be available as a separate paid download. So give it a try, it's our recommended game of the day!
Your mission is to save exotic space animals and get out of the Space Zoo before the Space Zoo AI cracks your ship’s control software and does bad things (mostly explosions). Your ship’s communication signature is coded to look like a sentry bot, but the ruse will be discovered if you make any hostile actions or touch any animals.."
- 6 exotic space animals to save, each with their own accompanying song.
- 4 enemy types to battle, each packed with a ton of bullets, homing bullets, and sticky bullets.
- + sentry bots: slow moving and fires a ring bullet pattern
- + turret: fires a burst of homing bullets at the player
- + ram bot: fast moving and fires homing sticky bullets to immobilize the player for ramming
- + spawner: spawns new sentry bots during the battle
- 1 feed bot boss fight that is sure to test your skills with its homing bullets, sticky whale milk, and pain mode
- 7 player weapons include a buster laser, homing bullets, drunken missiles, melee deflector and more
- 6 power-ups to improve your ship’s capabilities including: acceleration, haste, damage, hack defense, physical defense, and pickup radius
- every animal and enemy is packed full of grease and gibs
- 12 unique Space Zoos, including one super difficult challenge Space Zoo.
- target animal randomization to provide a slightly different challenge each run
- score based on saving, destroying and euthanizing animals, destroying enemies, and a time bonus
- high score leaderboards.
Website ( Downloads Available )