We've just been informed by the developers The Game Kitchen that their latest horror episode sequel "The Playwright" is now available for download. Episode one, Season 2 of The Last Door which is a great series of Adventure horror gaming will have you glued to the screen with a Sierra style art work, a gorgeous musical score, surrounded by a deep immersive storyline that will feel like a book you just can't put down.
"The Last Door" it's a free episodic horror game, with original pixel-art visuals and a gorgeous orchestral music score. Surrounded by a thrilling sound atmosphere, player's will experience a really immersive environment thought the stimulation of their imagination, just like classic horror writers like Poe and Lovecraft used to. The game is designed to be a webseries and up to the present day it has three full episodes: Pilot Chapter “The Letter”, “Memories” and "The Four Witnesses". Fourth instalment "Ancient Shadows" was released on February 2014 and the fifth chapter "The Playwright" and second season premier has been launched on October 31st, 2014. In this new episode, the intriguing story keeps on unfolding and takes Doctor Wakefield (Devitt’s therapist) back to London, on the trail of Jeremiah’s whereabouts, where he will face dreadful personages and eerie places".Features
- Story: Original and intriguing story that will leave you hunger for more at the end of each chapter. Travel back and explore dark and mysterious Great Britain from the 1890’s, investigate ghostly and gloomy places to uncover their cryptic secrets.
- Graphics: A unique visual style that will show only what's necessary, triggering you imagination to bring the game's world alive. Investigate and wander through uniquely designed low-res style graphics as Jeremiah uncovers the ominous truth.
- Puzzles: Work through various puzzles and brain teasers to progress throughout the story.
- Music and Sound Effects: A haunting original orchestral soundtrack composed by the award winner musician Carlos Viola, completes the strange and frightening atmosphere of the game. Outstanding sound effects, makes it all the more effective.
- Crowdsourced: Actively participate in the game creation, helping the development team to shape each chapter.
- Funding Model: Supported by "pay what you want" donations, so you can play for free!
- Inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft, E.A Poe, Guy de Maupassant and Arthur Machen