WinUAE 2.9.0 Beta 20 - Preliminary CDTV-CR emulation added!
The Amiga emulator "WinUAE" has had another beta build update today which further improves the emulation of both PPC and CDTV-CR. Although the emulator is constantly being updated by Toni Wilen, going by the feedback at least we can't be that far off from a final version. For those of you who want the latest Amiga emulation on your PC to play Amiga games or install an Amiga based OS, WinUAE is certainly one of the best. See changelog for details
- A2630 rom was not unmapped completely (only first half)
- CSMK3/CSPPC/BPPC Amiga reset bit should stop the PPC before reseting the system to prevent random hangs.
- CSMK3/CSPPC/BPPC switching off maprom programmatically (not hard reset) didn't restore original KS ROM.
- Added preliminary CDTV-CR emulation. Boots to title screen, preferences screen also works. Only clock and 4k (nonvolatile?) RAM emulated. No CD, no nothing else. v3.32 extended ROM added to ROM scanner, CDTV-CR option added to Quickstart.
- PPC interrupt/thread-safety hang problems should be fixed.
PPC QEMU DLL updated. (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=75062)
Remember to make it a portable edition in another folder by creating a new blank WinUAE.ini file in your unzipped beta folder as not to screw over the previous final install.