WinUAE 2.9.0 Beta 21 - Further CDTV-CR improvements for the best Amiga emulator
Another day another beta build for the best Amiga emulator WinUAE, which allows you to play Amiga games and install an Amiga OS on your PC. Today the developer Toni Wilen has updated WinUAE to 2.9.0 beta 21 with further fixes and improvements such as CDTV-CR now boots CDTV CDs and CSPPC P5_SELF_RESET bit emulation fixed. See changelog for further details
- Moved CDTV-CR under original CDTV Quickstart option.
- Added 3.44 CDTV-CR extended ROM.
- CDTV-CR now boots CDTV CDs. CD audio player does not yet work and some games that play CD audio will hang. Also CD reading speed is currently unlimited.
- Added 256M (max possible) Blizzard accelerator board RAM size support. Works with 1230, 1260 and PPC.
- CSPPC P5_SELF_RESET bit emulation fixed, M68K can only reset PPC and PPC can only reset M68K if P5_SELF_RESET is not active. (Blizkick reset hang)
- When switching quickstart modes, extended ROM was not reset if new mode didn't use extended ROM.
- Switching Quickstart models now remembers previously selected model configuration setting.
- Disable tablet mode if tablet name query returns error or empty name. WTInfo() with null parameters is supposed to return error if tablet is not connected but it does not seem to be true with all drivers. (Fixes division by zero guru at boot if tablet emulation is enabled)
- default_xlate() system halt didn't work, broke probably when 1 second boot delay option was added.
- default_xlate() now also generates bus error if Gary bus error bit is set instead of halting.
- Include approximate exception startup time in non-cycle exact 68000 emulation modes.
Remember to make it a portable edition in another folder by creating a new blank WinUAE.ini file in your unzipped beta folder as not to screw over the previous final install.