WinUAE 2.9.0 beta 22 - More Amiga CDTV-CR fixes!
Toni Wilen has just released the latest beta Amiga-PC emulator of WinUAE 2.9.0 beta 22, which further improves the CDTV emulation and contains a number of other fixes. Regarded as one of the best Amiga emulators today, that enables you to play Amiga games and or install an Amiga OS, you can now try out the latest build and give the developer your feedback.
- CDTV-CR CD unit was initialized even when CDTV-CR emulation was not enabled. Broke CD access on configurations that used CD unit for other purposes.
- Changed directory filesystem max file size limit (when not using 64-bit dos packets) to 4G-1. Old 2G-1 was technically official max size but most native filesystems don't enforce it and support file sizes up to 4G-1 (at least as long as application uses unsigned integers)
- Standard CD image read sector function didn't handle (rarely used) 2336 byte CD sectors correctly.
- Some statefiles have corrupt "extra_cycle" value (probably saved by some buggy beta) that causes long delay when restored, added workaround.
- 68000 CE mode IPL line sampling timing update. Do it during any memory access, not just prefetches.
Remember to make it a portable edition in another folder by creating a new blank WinUAE.ini file in your unzipped beta folder as not to screw over the previous final install.