Prepare yourself for hypnotic colours and wickedly fast racing in the latest release Distance; a next generation racing game in the style of wipeout and other such intense futuristic racing games. Developed by the same team behind the multi-award winning Nitronic Rush which was created by Refract it was widely praised for its innovative mechanics, visual style, audio design, and atmosphere. Now you too can play this awesome spiritual successor as Distance is now available on Steam as early access for PC, Mac and Linux.
The roads are treacherous and unpredictable with obstacles around every corner. Instead of doing laps on a loop, you'll be trying to survive to the end in the quickest time. Since your car has several abilities, it allows you to not only drive fast on the track but also upside down and on buildings and walls! You can also fly to discover new shortcuts and paths. You'll be able to take on the roads alone, or in multiplayer with your friends!
- Abilities: The cars can perform many unique actions such as boosting, jumping, flying, and rotating to navigate along and around the track.
- Obstacles: There are many dangerous obstacles waiting to challenge the player along the way.
- Adventure: A single player experience to learn how to play the game as well as unveil a short story about the world's mysterious past.
- Multiplayer: LAN, Online, and Split-Screen play in several modes, such as Sprint as well as Reverse Tag, Stunt, and many others.
- Level editor: Includes a powerful level editor that can be used to create levels from inside the game and share them with players around the world using Steam Workshop.