WinUAE 3.0.0 - The best Amiga Emulator gets a big feature release!
After many months of beta updates with a ton of fixes and improvements, today is the day that Toni Wilen has released a brand new WinUAE version 3.0.0. This is probably the best version of the Amiga emulator so far, as it features not just CD32 FMV emulation but PPC CPU emulation, CDTV-CR emulation and much more. I highly recommend everyone who has the previous version of WinUAE to update, especially if you like playing great Amiga games on your PC with better support. Change log is as follows..
After (really too) long beta phase, it is finally released. PPC emulation that was supposed to be too pointless to implement is here. Also includes (less pointless but pointless enough) CD32 FMV emulation. And more. Much more.
New emulated hardware:
- PPC CPU emulation. CyberStorm PPC and Blizzard PPC boards emulated using QEMU PPC core, on-board SCSI supported.
- Other accelerator boards emulated (Blizzards, CyberStorms, Warp Engine, TekMagic, A2630), including on-board SCSI if available.
- More SCSI expansion boards emulated (Fastlane, Oktagon, Blizzard Kit IV)
- CD32 Full Motion Video cartridge emulation.
- CDTV-CR emulation.
- A590 XT hard drive emulation.
- Show on screen message when disk or CD is inserted or ejected or input device is autoswitched.
- Added null serial port mode that connects two WinUAE instances running on same PC.
- Fastest possible CPU speed mode is now available with cycle-exact mode, CPU is fastest possibly, only chip memory and chipset is cycle-exact.
- Immediate blitter is available in cycle-exact modes.
- 68040/060 with more compatible emulates instruction cache, MMU supported.
- 68000/68010 + 32-bit address space is supported.
- Optionally game controllers can be kept active when WinUAE does not have focus.
- Implemented secondary Z2 RAM board, for example 6M Z2 RAM + 2M Z2 RTG board combination is now possible.
- Added "history" menu to filesystem, hardfile and tape drive path selection.
- Added CDTV/CDTV-CR/CD32 turbo CD read mode.
- Multiple SCSI controllers can be active simultaneously.
- Programmed chipset display modes accuracy improved.
- Uncompressed CHD harddrive image write support.
- Implemented previously unavailable small Z2 RAM board sizes (64k to 512k)
- Z3 board emulation supports official autoconfig space, required when using PPC-only operating systems.
- 68000 cycle exact mode updates.
- Improved cycle counting in 68000 more compatible mode.
- 68060 with "Unimplemented CPU emu" checkbox ticked: 68060 only unimplemented instructions were not emulated normally.
- Screenshot with D3D shader filter enabled always took filtered screenshot.
- SCSI CD READ CD command only worked if audio track was first track of CD.
- Hard reset didn't reset map rom loaded KS ROM data.
- AGA sprites in borders were clipped incorrectly in some situations (2.8.0)
- Autofire always on mode crashed.
- PCMCIA IDE emulation was broken long time ago.
- uanet.device + slirp combination was unusable.
- Directory filesystem statesave support open file path handling fixed.
- AVI audio recording always used PCM mode.
And much more small updates and fixes.
Grab the latest release from http://www.winuae.net/