Ye-haw Cowboys and ride for the wild west for the latest hip-hop infused western action platformer 'Luckslinger' from Duckbridge, that's currently going through both a Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight campaign. You play as Luckslinger, where luck affects your very situation, some resources and objects will help you such as the deflection of bullets, while other bad luck events such as falling water towers and platforms will be very painful indeed.
From the short play through of the demo HERE, Luckslinger has bags full of platforming potential, it is full of charm and new ideas such as the luck system. Being able to leap across gaps, avoiding dangerous falling traps, while rolling and then quick draw shooting an opponent just feels so spot on. Game play is precise with smooth controls, and varied levels of difficulty keep the game flowing nicely. The up-beat soundtrack also suits the game and gives the western feeling a more modern edge. So certainly our recommended action platformer of the day, even if it is a demo.
- Levels with different themes, unique elements and diverse bosses
- Music to pleasure your eardrums that fits the hip hoppy western atmosphere of the game
- Shooting & reload mechanic that will keep you on your toes
- Intense gun and throwing knife gameplay
- Collect gold to unlock different endings
- Special items that give the combat more flavor
- One-on-one pistol quick-draw duels
- Bonus hip-hop tracks by various artists
- A duck companion, which might help you in your time of need!
- Test your poker skills against some of the townsfolk
- Risk blowing your head off in game (friendly) game of Russian roulette
- Converse with the nice townsfolk of Clovercreek
- Fun Local Multiplayer mode(s), which will be added when the stretch goal is reached