Steamroller Studios are presenting their first game 'Deadwood' as an indie studio of film and game industry, and what a beauty it is. Consisting of a team made of game and film industry pros, they are hoping to bring you a Zelda-esqe run around adventure with the painterly styling similar to Braid.
By day, Roguard will protect you from the deadwood. This will allow you the freedom to explore the land of Knottington. You’ll scavenge for resources and then use those resources to craft your weapons and defenses. Because when the sun sets, Roguard falls asleep, leaving you alone to fight back the deadwood and protect your stone companion. With the right balance of strategy and skill you may just survive the night.
- Zelda meets Don’t Starve. A unique blend of adventuring and survival.
- Scavenge for resources and then build customized weapons and defenses.
- Wide variety of interesting weapons at your disposal.
- Amber modifiers give every weapon a unique and strategic attribute.
- Huge open world filled with fun, quirky characters.
- Beautiful art and animation with a stylized, cartoony feel.
- Platforms - PC, Linux, Mac (more to come).
The game looks a treat for the eyes and the open world survival aspect should keep you interested for long term playability, with the idea of a zombie game where the zombies are wooden marionette like creatures is a nice touch.
Steamroller are looking for votes on greenlight and a very modest $65K on kickstarter which is less than half of the total game budget, and for early birds, there are still a few discounted slots of just $10