SEEP, creators of those fine beat em up and fighting style retro inspired remakes have now set their goals towards an action-platform game for the PC inspired by the 8-16 bit in the form of 'SEEP Universe'. Currently going through an Indiegogo campaign and aiming for a $1,500 goal, you play as Sergio and Enrico, members of SEEP and must save the universe by crossing through various arcade systems that have been hacked by a mysterious AI.
Unlike the developers previous epic games such as Fatal Fury Final or Golden Axe Genesis; SEEP Universe is a 100% original game with a new collision system, two characters in one, 6 buttons (jump, run, punch attack, power up and change character), puzzle elements and exclusive enemies, story and power ups. There will also be 20 stages ranging across four weird planets, inspired by the golden age of gaming, the 8bit and 16bit era.
- 100% pixel art for a 100% retro feeling.
- Original soundtrack product by SEEP.
- Funny 8 bit sound effects.
- Two characters in one with different skills.
- Various game level design.
- SEEPedia, a room where you can unlock pictures, info and cheat with the SEEP money.
- Many enemies to defeat.
- Power Ups.
- 4 worlds and boss battle.
- Various gameplay: platform, action, puzzle, racing and much more!
- Secret stages to discover.
- XInput controller support.
Certainly an interesting direction for the developers to take considering their roots, however for what the game lacks in graphics, may well appeal in the fun factor as SEEP have yet to let any one down.
So if the game interests you, give them a pledge!