We haven't featured any tablet or phone based games for awhile now and that is about to change with the latest announced inkle developed game, Sorcery! Part 3. The narrative wizards behind the award-winning 80 Days are about to release in April a story based interactive experience spun off from Steve Jackson's Sorcery gamebooks of the 1980's
Available on the App Store and Google Play Sorcery! 3 is a narrative game with a massively branching, choice-driven storyline. With the city of Kharé at your back and the sacred Crown of Kings driving you forward, this penultimate chapter provides the most challenge yet as you attempt to cross the cruel, cursed wasteland of Kakhabad.
Sorcery! 3 includes:
- A massive open world to explore. Plot your own path across two gorgeous 3D maps (present and past), shaping the narrative with every decision you make. Inspired by 80 Days' world map, this new open-ended adventure takes players off the gamebook's predefined course to make you the master of a completely non-linear adventure.
- The passage of time. A dynamic day/night cycle and fluid travel between two distinct time periods set up a layered narrative with even more story to discover. Plus, the freedom to rewind time at will lets you see how alternate choices impact the story.
- True choice-driven storytelling. The longest and most complex Sorcery! game so far includes thousands of branching story paths impacted not only by present choices, but also by the decisions you made in earlier games.
- That special inkle touch. From its masterful writing, whimsical hand-drawn illustrations, and rich soundtrack to its turn-based combat, magic spells, optional dice mini-game, and choice of a male or female hero, Sorcery! 3 takes this fantasy series' most-loved elements to an exciting new level.
- Simultaneous release on iOS and Android. For the first time, Sorcery! will be out for both mobile platforms from Day 1!
Available to buy soon, this April!