DarkForge Games have been toiling away at a massive update for their Steam early access game, Nekro; a very pretty action RPG that features a new update, MASSIVE bosses, in this case by the name of General Tso. Revel in the slaughter of the King’s corrupted lackeys as you uncover the alternately sinister and chuckle-worthy history of your creation. Manipulate the flesh and souls of those who have passed beyond the veil.
This patch comes with the following new features and content:
- 2 New Levels: Fight against waves of enemies in the Bootcamp Holdout to call forth the fearsome General Tso - Nekro's first true multi-stage boss.
This is one of the hardest fights in the game. You'll have to use skill, cunning and chicken to win! These new levels can be found after the High Priest of Katheros level.
- New Enemy - The Templar: Replacing the Townie is this upper level melee unit the Templar. He has huge range as well as a massive health pool. He stun locks targets in close range so it's advised to not take him in melee combat.
- New Boss - General Tso: This massive enemy wields an even more massive sword. Despite him being a melee unit, this enemy has such long range he can hit a target from half way across the map. Dealing enough damage to him in a row will snap his sword in two, cutting his damage and his range in half!
- New Trap - Spike Pit: The spike pit is a touch-based trap that deals huge damage. It's very easy to avoid, but don't get knocked into it!
- New Trap - Training Dummy: Use a Scourge on this trap to activate the trap, causing it to smash any unit around it. Though it deals only medium damage, this trap is great for zone control and combos nicely with the Spike Pit Trap.
- New Environmental Hazard - Cactus: Easy to avoid, but don't stand too close or you'll get a butt full of spines.
- New Control Scheme - Left Click to Move: Diablo fans will find this control set up very familiar as it utilizes click-and-hold mechanics to move your Nekro, no longer requiring the keyboard to move. Find this setting in the Gameplay tab of the options menu.
- New Music: We have 3 new music tracks each almost 10 minutes long!! They are themed to metal bands like Dragonforce and Wolf and have 8-bit breakdowns inspired by games like Megaman, so be sure to turn up the volume!
Go check out the early access on Steam and community hub