Aamatniekss has informed the gaming community of a successful Steam Greenlight campaign for 'There Was A Caveman'. A challenging action platformer where you play as possibly the last Caveman venturing out of his cave to save the world overrun by dinosaurs and hopefully find a female specimen to rebuild his caveman civilization. To coincide with this news, the developer has also released a number of animated gifs, and a new demo version which includes lots of small fixes and additions, and a few bigger things.
- Awesome pixel graphics and animations.
- Strong core game mechanics, with stable platforming, dashing, variable jumping, friction etc.
- Challenging areas to go through, like dark caves or forests.
- Lots of dinosaurs to fight of including T-rexes, Pterodactyls and Diplodocus.
- Throwables to collect like rocks, bones or javelins.
- Javelins that stick to the wall, and you can use as platforms.
- Swimming and underwater areas.
- Lots of hidden things, and secret places to discover.
Hopefully the full game will be released this year as so far the game is looking to be a ton of retro inspired fun!