Just last month we were the first site to feature the remastered version of a game hit in the retro scene for C64 owners; an original game that has lasted a generation and is arguably one of the best RPG's ever released for the Commodore, it just had to be Ultima IV! Fast forward to this year and Mager Valp released the Ultima IV Remastered edition, with not just new graphics, but a new loader, bug fixes and much more. Today's news sees the release of Ultima IV Remastered v2.1 with even further updates and fixes that is a recommendation for anyone currently playing Ultima IV.
What’s New in v2.1
- Saving to EasyFlash cartridges that don’t use Am29F040 chips (including Chameleon) now works.
- Exit solo mode if character leaves combat.
- Don’t spawn a ship when pressing B while standing on a ladder in a dungeon.
- Joshua courage -> canrage typo.
- Fixed east/west start positions in Destard rooms on level 8.
- Removed glitch when attacking sick people in townes.
- Play correct music after dying and being resurrected by Lord British.
- Fixed wind status after loading a game in a dungeon and then exiting.
- Clarified the recommendation for emulator users when flipping d64s.
- Proper error message in editor if no savegame is found in cartridge.
If you want to relive the greatness that is Ultima IV and want to know the entire story of development for this release it can be found on the main website.
However if you wish to download the full updated version, then the Genesis Project release is available to download HERE
To other sites viewing our news, please source us!