DYA Games has once again given us the heads up over their arcade puzzle shooter game Super Star Path. But unlike the usual release date announcement, the developers have been listening to your feedback and set forth a version which should be just the retro inspired game you were looking for in an arcade shooter. Taking place in the year 2985 your mission as a fighter pilot is to regain control of the powerful Green Emeralds taken away by Aliens from the Human colony who need them to survive.
As was stated before the game mixes color matching puzzle mechanics with shoot’em up boss battles, featuring colorful 16-bit pixel art graphics and a catching FM synth soundtrack (that emulates the YM2151 sound chip using VOPM plugin). But what the developers have done is pretty damn fantastic, instead of just fixing bits here and there they have changed the whole game play system and according to them is a far better product that is much more enjoyable. So certainly worthy of another look and perhaps some extra votes!
- Randomized puzzle levels.
- Fast paced shoot'em up boss battles.
- Collect gems and buy unique spaceships.
- Collect upgrade points to boost your ships' stats.
- Replayability: can you get all Green Emeralds?
- 16-bit style pixel art graphics.
- Arcade-like FM synth soundtrack.
- English voice acting.
- Gamepad support (Xbox controller and similar).
Steam Greenlight page