Technobabylon by Wadjet Eye Games is a new retro-inspired adventure game that has the look and atmosphere of Blade Runner in a graphic style reminiscent of Beneath a Steel Sky, with a very Gibson-esque plotline. Featuring multi-character plotlines and some beautiful cyberpunk pixelart, this may be an adventure game that should definitely be on your radar.
City of Newton, 2087. CEL agents Charlie Regis and Max Lao are investigating a serial Mindjacker who is tapping into the neural wiring of seemingly ordinary citizens, stealing their knowledge and leaving them dead. An agoraphobic net addict named Latha Sesame might be the next target. But when Charlie’s past comes back to haunt him, he and his partner find themselves on opposite sides of the law, with Latha’s fate in the crossfire.
Technobabylon releases on May 21st but pre-ordering is available and will get you bonuses of:
- Digital soundtrack—an hour of cyberpunk tunes composed by Gemini Rue’s Nathan Allen Pinard
- Behind-the-scenes video of voiceover recording sessions
- Production art gallery including concept art, 3D models, full-size character portraits, and more
- The Technobabylon Codex—PDF booklet providing backstory and context for the game’s vast cyberpunk world
- Exclusive desktop wallpaper
Pre order from here