With all my years of movie watching and game playing, I've yet to find any game that has truly scared me. But with the latest announced title 'The Human Gallery' by Jesse Makkonen that's currently going through a Steam Greenlight campaign, that might be about to change. In The Human Gallery you take the role of a painter who ventures into the mind of a psychopath in search of inspiration. It soon becomes clear that you'll find yourself unable to wake from this horrific nightmare.
According to the developer The Human Gallery is not a game about fancy mechanics, it is a game about the atmosphere, with the game play and controls giving the player the best possible experience. Controls are simple but efficient: You move left or right and use the mouse to control your oil lamp to interact with objects and surroundings. The game is also being developed in a 60 frames per second resolution of 1920x1080, with side scrolling 2D unique digitally drawn graphics as you explore the disturbed world and collect sound recordings to learn the history of his depraved mind.
Yet with all that said, this horror title is only at 20% completion and once released will be available for the PC. But before that time, if the game gives you the creeps, give them a big greenlight thumbs up.
Further Features :
- Controls are simple but efficient: You move left or right and use the mouse to control your oil lamp and to interact with objects and surroundings.
- Atmospheric and complex soundtrack
- Minimalist interface so the focus stays on the experience
- One man effort - Graphics, animation, coding, music... You name it!
- The visible area is 1920x800 as this format fits the art-style perfectly!
Steam Greenlight page