The developer 'SolarFall Games' must be feeling overjoyed today as not only is their action open world RPG 'Umbra' a Steam Greenlight success, but they have also raised over 50% in Kickstarter funding in just a few days! Although we have featured the game twice now so we won't go into too much depth, Umbra is powered by CryEngine 3 and blends the hack and slash game play with state of the art graphics and truly modern AI inspired by the hit classic Diablo 2.
Umbra aims to deliver many features that will differ from the classic games of the genre:
- Open World : Discover the world and enjoy it at your own convenience
- Exploration and experimentation is rewarded with new powers, attributed according to your play style!
- Free character development - No class limitation. You have three resources: Rage, Stamina and Mana, and they all interact with each other in order to balance gameplay.
- Apocalyptic Form: According to your play style, you will develop special powers for your character, changing their abilities and look. Fierce melee warriors may gain a third arm to equip with a new weapon; a fire caster will have their skin turn into lava and heal from fire. Even wings and horns might appear on your character depending on your actions!
- Tons of Loot: Weapons, Armor, Potions and randomly generated magic effects for more gameplay diversity!
- Semi procedural Weaponry: Blades, pommel and guard details can be randomized for more unique gear in the game!
- Advanced Crafting mini-game: Build your own weapons and armors thanks to a complex and challenging module in Umbra
- Tons of Destructible environments: From small walls to complete parts of an area. We hope you enjoy it!
- Housing: Create your own house and proudly showcase your special gear!
- Mature story full of secrets to discover exploring the world
- Kythera AI system: The automatic real time navigation adaptation of Kythera adapts to any change in the physics of the world, allowing us to create exciting scenes including large portion of levels collapsing or moving and fighting on the back of giant creature, creating never seen before gameplay situations!
- Dungeon challenge (Stretch goal): Transform a special part of your house into a dungeon and challenge other players to survive the onslaught!
- Multiplayer mode (stretch goal): Multiplayer is an ambitious goal we would love to achieve, but it must be done correctly. We plan to have different interesting stretch goals for you that will allow us to build the foundation of the multiplayer. In the best case scenario, we would like to have the following mods: Dungeon Challenge (see above), Co-Op mode, and Competitive Plaver vs Player vs AI.