Throughout this year we have featured many C64 homebrew games that have been entered into the fantastic 2015 C64 SEUCK Competition. Using the Shoot Em Up Construction Kit, programmers from around the world stepped forward up to the challenge to make a game that would appeal enough to be crowned winners in the competition. Well that day has finally come and we are pleased to announce the winner is 'Abyssonaut' by Anthony Stiller!
Author of Reset Magazine's "Sopwiths and Pterradons" in Abyssonaut you need to save the whales trapped in the poachers nets and find out what has happened to the Crouch End Research Station. Abyssonaut is a worthy winner indeed with many different passing underwater enemies such as Jellyfish and Sharks, great landscape detail, smooth controls, perfect frame rates , harpoon action and what I really like is the animation of your character as he moves forwards and backwards against the tide.
It is a fantastic game that will be played for hours, but we must also mention all the other great entries that although didn't make the winning circle, are still plenty enjoyable and deserve a place on your C64 based device! Entries include
- 2. Gigablast by Alf Yngve – 158 points
- 3. T-UFO by Errazking – 157 points
- 4. Snatch McBlagger – 156 points
- 5. S-F-S by Wile Coyote – 141 points
- 6. Shamai by Slavia – 134 points
- 7. META14 by Errazking – 130 points
- 8. Shoot or Die by Tommy Nine – 116 points
- 9. Ocean Ninja by Slavia – 113 points
- 10. Scoff by PieVSPie – 99 points
- 11. Naait Raider by Fritske – 87 points
2015 C64 SEUCK Competition Page