Now here's a blast from the past and a game that I remember as being one of the best action-adventure games I had ever played on the Amstrad CPC 464. It's 'Saboteur II' developed by Clive Townsend and released by Durell Software in 1987, the same publishers behind the incredible dragon flying 'Thanatos'. This fine game was released for many platforms such as the CPC, ZX Spectrum and C64 and featured a female protagonist who must break into a high-security compound, fight off guards, avoid pumas and alter the course of a nuclear ballistic missile and then escape on a motorbike. But the news of today is this all time classic game is getting a 128k remake for the ZX Spectrum by Alex Rider which will feature better frame rates (faster), fixed bugs and much more.
Although the remake version is still in an early development stage and available to play today by anyone, we are most impressed by what was on offer so far. It is certainly smoother than I remember and is playable even at such an early release with guards to fight and ladders to climb. However in development for a year, we are unsure as to when the game will be released in it's remaked form especially as the discussion forums is completely in Russian. But what we can say is, I am certainly looking forward to playing this and putting it side by side to the original Amstrad version.
- "Accelerate" an original 48th version. [Made]
- To fix known bugs (list below). [Made]
- Transform overclocked 48th version in the 128-th and more disperse. [During]
- Pereozvucheny 128-th version AY-effects during the game.
- Overdubbed version of the 128-th under the GS.
- Extend gameplay 128th version.
- Implement other fans expressed wishes.
- Transform the final version of a TS-Conf.
List repaired bugs:
- Endless punch cards in one of the boxes.
- When using the teleport is not written message about the arrival of the bike (in fact, he is always there).
- Incorrect rendering platform lift.
- Raskolbashenny guard .
- Running under water.
Additional changes made during ryboty:
- Due to the cancellation of infinite deck of cards thrown over 100 units of the timer in the 8 th level.
- At the request of goodboy PROTEK replaced by SINCLAIR 2.
- The 128th version of the music is only the menu and not disabled.
- No final vresii rasprstranyayutsya usually in Debug Mode - with infinite energy, time and stopped the killing of the guards with a single blow.
Available to download from the Russian forums as an attachment link.