WinUAE 3.2.0 b2 - The latest Amiga emulator improves even further!
What a great start to a very early Wednesday morning, especially for Amiga gamers, as Toni Wilen has now released the second beta of the Amiga emulator WinUAE as WinUAE 3.2.0 beta 2. Not long after the previous final of WinUAE 3.1.0 final this latest release is even more feature packed than the previous one. Infact the list is so long it almost makes a full page in length of additions and fixes. It's incredible think how far WinUAE has come from it's early development stage and is now the most highly downloaded and used Amiga emulator that you can use. See changelog for details
- Borderblanking works again (b1)
- RTL8029 received packets got sometimes stuck in receive buffer until next packet was received.
- Fixed PCI bridge unreliable interrupts in some situations.
- Added Mainhattan Data Paradox SCSI emulation.
- Added Spirit Technology HDA-506 HD controller.
- Added Elaborate Bytes A.L.F. HD controller.
- Built-in wave recording created huge files, bytes-to-write variable was never reset (3.1).
- Added Mediator 1200 autoconfig data.
- Added support for multi-function PCI devices.
- Added ES1370 from QEMU. (PCI sound card), common ES1370 based card is SB128.
- Added FM801 emulation. (PCI sound card).
- Added Vortex System 2000 HD controller.
- 68020/030 prefetch/cycle-exact: don't prefetch from old PC if instruction is going to branch.
- Accelerator board memory size reset when viewing RAM GUI panel if accelerator used "Blizzard" RAM type.
- HD and RTG boards are now named <name> (<manufacturer>).
- A2410 display card emulation! TMS34010 emulation core from MAME.
- Very strange display board.. Very flexible TMS34010 CPU on board, code uploaded to internal RAM from Amiga-side. Unfortunately board never had good software support.
- Current WinUAE direct RTG system requires Amiga-side mapped VRAM, but because A2410 does not have any linear mapped Amiga-visible VRAM, A2410 internal VRAM is "fake" mapped at 0xa00000 (normally unused CIA space). It shouldn't cause any problems.
- Interlaced modes are not supported (Original code didn't support it all, I added quick hack that doubles height in interlaced modes), either CGX4 driver is wrong or TMS34010 documentation is wrong, documentation says "The size of the DUDATE increment specified for an interlaced display should be twice that required for a noninterlaced display of the same dimensions" but CGX4 driver uses same width value in both interlaced and non-interlaced 1024*768 mode.
- BT458 RAMDAC Overlay bitplanes fully emulated, including blinking features.
- CGX4, Amix, NetBSD console and demo programs from DevCD (Milan 1991 DevCon) confirmed working.
- END+F9 can be used to manually switch between native and A2410 display.
- CGX4 driver seems to have bug in overlay (mouse pointer) color setup routine.
- Emulated Amiga randomly hangs when switching CGX display modes. Reason unknown.
- TMS34010 CPU execution speed is probably totally wrong and very random.
- Because TMS34010 can update any register or RAM data any time it wants (like copper but more flexible), emulation needs to be at least line-based (not frame like other RTG boards) and because emulation also needs to execute TMS34010 code, A2410 emulation is slower than other RTG boards.
- A2410 has DMA and hardware byte swap circuitry (can be seen in schematics) but so far I haven't found programs that use it. (A2410 DMA = TMS34010 CPU can directly access Amiga address space).
- Must use 32-bit host display depth. 16-bit is not supported.
Mainhattan Data Paradox SCSI:
- Parallel port to SCSI adapter.
- Non autoboot.
- Make sure no other parallel port devices are enabled at the same time.
Spirit Technology HDA-506:
- Supports autoboot but it is not implemented, ROM dump not available.
- OMTI controller, uses early SCSI-like protocol but addressing uses CHS instead of LBA.
Elaborate Bytes A.L.F.:
- Non autoboot.
- MFM/RLL controller.
- Same protocol as HDA-506 but there can be differences in some commands.
Vortex System 2000:
- Supports autoboot but ROM image is not available.
- Non autoconfig, ROM and IO hardwired at 0xf00000.
- Again same protocol as HDA-506.
- Fake DMA, 2xword data port size. Some sites incorrectly lists it as a DMA controller.