WinUAE 3.2.0 Beta 9 - The best Amiga Emulator small beta update
We may have been a bit late on the Amiga Emulator news of Toni Wilen's 'WinUAE 3.2.0 Beta 9' update, but that doesn't mean it's any less special. It's just we've been so busy that sometimes we can't fit all the news in! So to get back on track, this beta doesn't just improve upon the earlier version, but fixes a rather important crash problem that caused the emulator to crash if the mouse driver was enabled. As is always the case with all of our WinUAE articles, make sure to read the changelog below.
- x86 floppy controller EOT parameter was read from wrong offset. Note that previously 1.4M floppy in 720K drive (configured in 2286+ BIOS) worked, not anymore.
- Added x86 bridgeboard 1.2M PC floppy image support.
- Added Advanced chipset option that emulates some 68040/060 board's (for example Blizzard 1240/1260) custom register byte write "bug" where byte write to custom register does not write same value to both upper and lower byte. Previously this was always enabled if CPU type was 68060. (Writing to even address: zero written to odd address, writing to odd address: works "correctly")
- Fixed emulation boot crash if mouse driver was enabled (b8)
- x86 IDE config didn't load correctly. (Reset and save needed to fix it). x86 VGA also needs config reset.