FrodeSolheim has just announced the release of FS-UAE 2.6.1, which is one of the best Amiga Emulators with full GUI that you can use. This release contains a ton of features that any Amiga gamer would drool over and what's more, it sits perfectly on any home computer. This GUI also features the vastly superior Open Amiga Game Database and FS-UAE Arcade! What that means is, if you have the Amiga emulator frontend FS-UAE installed and all the amiga game files : floppy images, CD images and WHDLoad games (.adf, .ipf, .zip, .rar, .iso, etc), you'll be able to use the latest configuration settings listed in a lovely arcade info display!
These are straight from other users and by simply scanning the folders and being a registered free member of the online database the games will work right away with no frustrations! You'll also be greeted with some fine covers and screenshots as in the above screenshot. Did I mention that you can even play these Amiga games with other gamers online at the same time? Amiga Multiplay, oh yes!
Changelog from previous version :
- Updated emulation code from WinUAE 3.1.0.
- Support for PPC emulation (can run AmigaOS 4.x) via QEMU-UAE plugin.
- More emulated hardware support (Toccata, A2061, Picasso IV, …).
- Better support for modern OS versions due to using SDL 2.0.
- Built-in support for multiple displays, and fixes for HiDPI displays.
- The Launcher supports modern OS versions better due to using QT 5.x.
- Much improved FS-UAE Launcher user interface.
- FS-UAE mouse integration (Workbench cursor follows host cursor).
- Updated internal kickstart replacement from AROS.
- Dual joystick/mouse mode for joystick port 0.
- Official builds for SteamOS (Linux + Steam runtime).
- OS X apps are now digitally signed (Apple Developer ID).
- Support for JIT direct memory access (much faster JIT).
- More gamepads are recognized out of the box.
- Many bug fixes.
- … and a lot of other improvements.
FS-UAE is available to download for PC, MAC, Linux and more as either an installable version or portable!
Links : 1) Download 2) Discussion 3) Website