This weekend is turning out to be just perfect if you own a C64 or use WinVice as another game has just appeared for you to download and play thanks to a heads up by Asger Bonnievie called ' Storm Warrior ' [Front Runner/K-Tel]. Update crack released by Brataccas, Storm Warrior is an overlooked gem written by Terry Watts in 1984, that according to Brataccas has a classical organ soundtrack, ominous god-like entities, a pervasive thunder and lightning storm, and one of the best death sequences of any game from this era.
Sound like your sort of game? Good! Because originally the game never had a good crack, although it was widely spread and done by Section 8, it wasn't the best as it not only had corruption throughout, but a misplaced graphic block in the sky, a random character in the caves, too difficult, as well as a the "display" demo was hacked and doesn't allow the player to use it to jump to the cave levels, and the game freezes in the pit falling sequence on NTSC machines.
Now thanks to Brataccas he's released a brand new crack update, which aims to fix all the problems previously noted while adding an intro/loader with music and 3 trainers, which makes this a top quality release that fits perfectly for Halloween!
- • Crunched and single-filed
- • Includes original intro/loader with music
- • PAL/NTSC fixed
- • 3 Trainers:
- - Unlimited Energy
- - Unlimited Lives
- - Invincibility: Prevents the player from taking any damage, provides some assistance to prevent falling near the end of the caves and sets up for victory in the end sequence. This basically turns the game into a big walkthrough, so use only if you want to cheat completely through.
- • Bug fixed a minor graphical glitch in the player sprite when falling down the pit
- • Docs and Util: Documentation provided on disk in plain SEQ form and sequential file document reader with additional support for output to CBM printers