WinUAE 3.3.0 Beta 4 - The best Amiga emulator gets a Sunday beta!
Staying on topic with the Amiga, Toni Wilen has just released the latest Amiga emulator update of ' WinUAE 3.3.0 Beta 4', with even more bug fixes and improvements over from the previous version. Available as a 32bit or 64bit file depending on what Windows OS you have installed, this latest beta fixes on the fly input device change crashing, OS4 UAE expansion updates and much much more. As is always the case, it's best to read the changelog below and decide if you still want to update.
- Default game ports config without default.uae (Mouse + keyboard layout A) was not set. (b3)
- On the fly input device change crash fix. (b3)
- Monochrome mode config file entry added.
- Atari ST dark palette fix moved to Brightness/Contrast/etc select menu and added alternate mode.
- UAE expansion resident structures are now injected to execbase ResList. Now less important expansions are initialized later. Previously all were initialized during diag init time. Now also uses normal RTF_AFTERDOS resident to start clipboard sharing instead of ugly hack.
- Simplified rawinput support, also removed rawinput checks, added when long time ago WINE didn't fully support rawinput.
- Added harddrive master write protection checkbox to Misc panel. WARNING: don't use it with hardfiles unless you know exactly what you are doing.
- UAE Boot ROM with PPC native OS message now asks to enable correct boot ROM mode.
OS4 UAE expansion updates: (Use this thread: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=81146 for this topic!)
- Clipboard sharing is now supported.
- Magic mouse is now supported.
- Virtual mouse driver is now supported.
- uaenative.library converted to new trap system but not tested.
- uaescsi.device initialization converted to new trap system, device will open now without crashing but any CD access commands will not work (and most likely will also crash strangely).
Still not supported:
- Directory filesystem on the fly insertion/removal, including CDFS CD swaps. Getting this to work will be extremely complex task. Not sure if it is worth the trouble. Unless I get lots of donations
- uaeahi (Probably not needed, PCI sound card emulation is better choice)
Links : 1) 32bit 2) 64bit 3) Discussion