It's the end of the week and we have another beta version to mention of Toni Wilen's Amiga Emulator WinUAE. A small update as we are now at ' WinUAE 3.3.0 Beta 5 ', mainly fixes issues to do with dark palette's, game ports and OS4 UAE expansions. Do note though that this version isn't as stable as previous releases as this one suffers from random hangs. But if you still want to try it out you can download it below the listed change log.
- Game Ports mouse and joystick was always reset to defaults (b4)
- Dark palette fix adjustment is now calculated before other adjustments (brightness, contrast, gamma)
- Dark palette fix third option added, pre-converted Atari ST palette increased to full range, 12-bit EEE becomes nearly full white, FCFCFC in 24-bit RGB space. (Not FFFFFF because palette would not be linear anymore)
OS4 UAE expansion updates: (Discussion thread here: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=81146)
- Directory filesystem random errors fixed.
- Directory filesystem/CDFS CD on the fly insertion/removal supported! (It wasn't that difficult after all)
- uaescsi.device supported.
NOTE: Try not to change uaegfx resolution in OS4, it can cause mysterious crashes or side-effects. Fix coming later.
TODO: bsdsocket.library and fixing random hangs.