WinUAE 3.3.0 Beta 10 - Late weekend beta for the best Amiga emulator
Before I begin with this emulator announcement, I would like to apologise today for the lack of articles over the weekend. Even though I had a lot of emails asking me to do write ups, on Saturday I put my back out and have been in a lot of pain and unable to do anything until today. Now that is out of the way, it's time to mention Toni Wilen's Amiga emulator WinUAE, which has once again been updated and is now at WinUAE 3.3.0 Beta 10 and contains as per usual more fixes and updates over the previous version.
- if uaenet.device is online and packet(s) have arrived but there is no pending CMD_READ/CMD_READORPHANs: wait about 2s before dropping it, it is possible that multiple packets will arrive so quickly that Amiga-side TCP/IP stack don't have time to queue more read commands before packets get dropped.
- uaenet.device stability fix.
- Loading config with unplugged joystick or mouse inserted in either port: previous device was not autoselected.
- Filter panel scaling mode active and mouse driver enabled: mouse got stuck in a corner in some situations.
- Screenshot input event set to toggle-mode in Input panel: key/button press = create screenshots continuously every frame, following key/button press = stop automatic screenshots.
- one genlinetoscr function (16-bit 4x horizontal stretch) used genlock function in non-genlock mode.
- Adaptive Sync "vsync" mode added. Optimal setting designed for G-Sync/FreeSync monitors. Also allows 100/120Hz black frame insertion mode. Not very stable yet. (Don't try to use without adaptive sync hardware..)
- 68040 MMU mode SR M-bit handling was missing. 68060 SR M-bit handling was not correct.
- Disable bsdsocket.library if indirect UAE Boot ROM is enabled, it is not (yet?) compatible.
Links : 1) Discussion 2) 32bit 3) 64bit