Today we are turning our attention to some fine looking indie games, and one of them which caught our eye was Madguy's action packed roguelike ' Streets of Rogue ' which so far is free for the PC. If you loved games such as Binding of Isaac but with more exploration, experimentation and choice based mission goals, then this chaotic romp may just be the game for you.
In Streets of Rogue you can play as a number of different characters each with their own special abilities, weapons and ways to accomplish missions. For example; if a safe is filled with loot and is being protected by a number of complex AI, you can either go in all guns blazing, poison the air supply or sneak in as a thief through the backdoor without any bloodshed at all. It is a game that really makes you think of what your next move is going to be and how the procedurally generated city full of interesting AI may react to your nasty deeds.
Add in the eye opening detail, blasting sound effects and easily usable UI and you have this worthy Indie Game which is well worth a download. But before you do that check out the main features we haven't listed, as it all sounds so lush!
Main Features :
- Play the game YOUR way! Don't want to kill anybody? That's cool! Want to hack computers? Got ya covered!
- Random world generation and TOTALLY EXTREME gameplay variety means you can play for 600 hours and not get bored! Seriously though, go outside!!!
- Super-advanced artificial intelligence that won't put up with your crap! Outsmart these virtual humans and feel superior to your computer!
- Play as over 40 types of characters (in the final version)! Bartender, scientist, hacker, gorilla — hey, your job is probably in there too!
- Stupidly huge number of items (in the final version)! Shrink rays, hypnotizing devices, boomboxes, bear traps, food processors.. Oh, and guns too.
- 2-Player cooperative mode lets you brutalize goons AND loneliness!
- Lead a gang, free slaves, drink beer, gib ghosts, become a vampire, shrink people and stomp on them. The most insanely varied game ever made.
Links : 1) Source ( Updated 2016-09-01 )