This month AckkStudios released their rather wonderful short demo tease, YIIK: Episode Prime - "The MixTape Phantom and the Haunting of the Southern Cave" for both PC and MAC. Regarded as a Supernatural Japanese style RPG with action based micro games, you star as Vella Wilde, Alex Eggleston, and Claudio Erlich on a quest to uncover what happened to Sammy Pak, who disappeared after being pulled from an elevator by something out of this world.
YIIK: Episode Prime - The MixTape Phantom and the Haunting of the Southern Cave is a standalone quest set within the world of the upcoming YIIK: A Postmodern RPG Video Game. It's a game according to the developers, that has a mix of Persona 4, Paper Mario, some Earthbound and a lot of Wild Arms Lufia 2. So expect a stand out graphical design which will draw you in to its short but enjoyable game experience, a miniature dungeon, unusual enemies, puzzles and an explorable town with unique NPC's set within a story of the world of YIIK: A Postmodern RPG.
Further Listed Features :
- Reduced version YIIK's unique COMBAT SYSTEM. Featuring Alex, Vella, and Claudio!
- Petite version of ONISM1999. (In game Message Board where conspiracy theories, ghost sightings, and other strange things are discussed.)
- Keyboard & Dualshock 4 controls.
- Rockin' tunes by Andrew Allanson (Two Brothers), Jose Alfaro, Calum Bowen (Lovely Planet), Hiroki Kikuta (Secret of Mana), Michael Kelly (VA-11 HALL-A) and Toby Fox (Undertale).
What's NOT included, but will be in the FULL game?
- Fully customizable controls and controller support. (Steam controller, Xbox, and whatever weird off brand thing you play with.)
- Loads of dungeons.
- Voice acting.
- A bunch of towns.
- A full, finished RPG really.
The latest updated demo was released just recently and you can download it from the links below, however if you don't want to spoil it, you can of course wait till the full version when it's announced.
Links : 1) Source