WinUAE 3.4.0 Beta 13 - End of week Amiga Emulator beta update!
It's a Sunday and it's a late evening, but that doesn't stop us from mentioning the latest WinUAE release of ' WinUAE 3.4.0 Beta 13 which was released over the weekend on the Amiga forums. Toni Wilen is still hard at work as always and this time he's been fixing a number of problems that have cropped up with one of them being RTL8019 9346 EEPROM emulation, which according to him caused random crashes. As ever please read the changelog and look forward to another update soon.
- Fixed double free in RTL8019 9346 EEPROM emulation. Caused random crashes.
- Implemented DP8390 NIC support (Same register set as NE2000 but without on board RAM "fake DMA" support)
- Added DP8390 based NICs, ASDG LAN Rover/EB920 and Hydra AmigaNET.
- Moved slirp/winpcap option to Expansions -> Network Adapters. Note: Still can't have more than 1 network device active.
- Removed A2065, NE2000 PCMCIA and Realtek 8029 PCI GUI checkboxes. Everything is now under Network Adapters.
- Expansion device select menu sorting fixed.
- winpcap mode now by default uses generated local MAC address (aa-82-8a-xx-xx-xx xx=from physical NIC MAC), or if A2065, it uses real A2065 00-80-10-xx-xx-xx MAC. This fixes conflicts with Windows' use of same physical NIC. Custom winpcap MAC address can be forced by editing config file (*_rom_options=mac=xx.xx.xx.xx.xx.xx). GUI is not yet supported. Physical NIC is also switched to promiscous mode automatically if NIC MAC does not match Amiga side MAC.
- Ignore all received winpcap packets when emulation is paused.
- FFS partition HDF (with WB 1.3 disk L:FastFileSystem) now fully boots under KS 1.0.
WinPCap note: Use http://www.win10pcap.org/ if you have Windows 10. NOTE2: It has a bug that causes "FATAL Bad Memory Block." errors to appear in winuae's log. It is fortunately harmless. https://nmap.org/npcap/ may also work. (npcap DLL path locations are now supported)
NOTE: Only 3.3 (and older) config files with old style A2065 or RTL8029 PCI config entries are loaded. 3.4 beta created config files need manual A2065/RTL8029/NE2000 PCMCIA reconfiguration. Old config entries are still created for backwards compatibility but they are ignored when loading.
Links : 1) Source 2) 32bit 3) 64bit