What do you get if you have the original Paperboy, replace his newspapers with pirate video tapes and change his bike to a skateboard? Most likely this voxel based arcade game, ' The Videokid ', which is being developed by Pixel Trip Studios and is now aiming for a Steam Greenlight success for both PC and MAC. In this game you play as the video kid set in a retro 1980's neighbourhood filled with danger, you must deliver your pirate videos to everyone on the street while pulling off manic tricks and slick combos to finally reach your girlfriend in time.
But be careful there are dangers about, as whilst trying to stay alive from being crushed by cars, you'll have to avoid people on the street or even worse, being arrested by the local police force. The Videokid is jam packed with awesome 1980s nostalgia. Relive classic moments of all your favourite movie, tv and cartoon characters and remember... the further you get the more epic the references become!
- Take on 'The Videokid challenge' & be amongst the top 25 hall of fame
- Unlock and play as some of your favourite 80s inspired characters
- Wreak havoc on the wrong side of the law for maximum score
- Pull off sick skate tricks & crazy combos
- Laugh at endless ways to bail, slam and fail
- Earn cash to spend on radical upgrades & powerups in the skateshop
- Experience the nail-biting tension... the longer you live the harder it gets
- See how many classic 80s characters & vehicles you can spot
- Relive your nostalgic childhood where all things were awesome
Links : 1) Source