WHDLoad 18.3 - New Amiga Harddisk-install package release!
A very early morning announcement for Amiga users as WHDLoad; the AmigaOS friendly Harddisk-Install package by Bert Jahn has been updated to a brand new WHDLoad 18.3 final version. With well over a year in development, WHDLoad is probably the best software available for your Amiga, as it makes it possible to install quite a lot demos and games, which were originally designed to run only from floppy disks, to your harddisk.
To put this into perspective, some games need many floppy disk's worth of swapping and if it wasn't for WHDLoad we wouldn't have the joy of a one click file run that so many of us enjoy with thousands of games listed on hard drives. It's also good as considering the age, many floppy Amiga games are proving to be faulty. You can also check on the EAB forums for weekly lists of updated WHDLoad games, from simple to big much game needed fixes
But to end this write up on a high note, here's the latest changelog including new support for Vampire and Apollo cards!
- chg: don't check for read-only-filesystem if option SavePath is used (issue #3355)
- fix: if option SavePath is used and the save path is not yet created WHDLoad will no longer try to delete files in the normal data directories if resload_DeleteFile is called
- fix: resload_SaveFileOffset now correctly works on files which are not preloaded and not yet present in the SavePath, in older releases dos error #203 was reported (issue #3355)
- chg: the behavior of the option CACHE in kickemu (sources/whdload/kick*.s) has been changed, previously it set the chip memory non cacheable (NC) now it sets it cacheable write-through (WT), recompiling Slaves using this option will change this for the resulting Slaves, for machines with cpu caches and no MMU otherwise no caches are enabled at all by WHDLoad
- chg: splash window corrected for non standard window borders (Mikhail Malyshev)
- fix: resload_DeleteFile reworked, no longer supports deleting directories, delete operation is cached if file was preloaded, now correctly works together with SavePath/K option
- chg: checking for a read-only filesystem is performed after executing a possible ExecuteStartup now (Stephane Julien)
- chg: kickemu now uses the host system bplcon0 to init gb_bplcon0, this should preserve genlock/lace setup (issue #2858), WHDLoad itself also use gb_bplcon0 for the initial custom setup
- fix: the interrupt redirect feature of ACA now correctly works with programs depending on the supervisor bit in the interrupt stack frame, this should fix problems with install using the kickstart emulation (Toni Wilen)
- chg: on 68060 the store/load bypass is no longer disabled if the cpu revision is >= 5
- new: support for Vampire/Apollo added, will be detected as 68040 now (older WHDLoad detected a 68020 because the presence of MSP and CAAR registers), MMU is always disabled
- fix: kickemu now correctly enables the fpu via resload_SetCPU if NEEDFPU is set
Links 1:) Discussion 2) Website ( Download links on Website )