WinUAE 3.4.1 Beta 5 - Actionware dual light gun adaptor emulation added to Amiga emulator
There's no stopping Toni Wilen as once again he's released another Amiga emulator beta update, and this time we are at version WinUAE 3.4.1 Beta 5, which includes new emulation features such as Actionware dual light gun adaptors, as well as more accurate lightpen emulation. This software is regarded as the best Amiga emulator for not just games, but also for emulated or original hardware workbench OS system installs and now even more support for light guns in regards to American Laser Games. For further details see the changelog below.
- Added Actionware dual light gun adapter emulation. Second gun config entries added to Input panel.
- More accurate lightpen emulation, if lightpen is enabled (bplcon0 bit 3), VPOSR is always stopped from beginning of last line to end of vblank (last line really is special!). Beam detection is now cycle exact.
- Light guns apparently have pull up resistor in trigger line, at least Capone requires it.
- Added lightpen offset config entry ("lightpen_offset=x,y"). Offset is in Amiga hardware resolution, lores and non-laced.
- Automatically de-interleave unknown (not in ROM scanner) but valid looking 1M interleaved CD32 ROM images.
- Automatically byteswap unknown 256k, 512k and 1M KS ROM byteswapped images. ROM must have valid checksum, header and size fields.
- Implemented previously completely unimplemented bsdsocket.library emulation sendmsg() and recvmsg().
- Switching middle button = untrap on the fly didn't change windowed mode title bar text.
- GVP SCSI emulation now supports boot roms that do not copy code to RAM first, without need for more compatible option. Only if not banked. (not guru rom).
Links : 1) Discussion 2) 32bit 3) 64bit