Although we have already done a feature on Caged Element's futuristic racer of 'GRIP' some time ago which is inspired by the incredible fast paced racer of Rollcage, published by Psygnosis way back in 1999. We are here to give you the heads up that this game that is still available to purchase through Steam Access since 2016, has since been announced as coming to PC, XB1 PS4 and Switch later this year!
According to the creators GRIP is bringing old-school style combat racing back with a bang. Inspired by the Rollcage games and actually developed by some of the original team much to the delight of drooling playstation 1 and old windows owners. This game that has already gathered positive early access reviews, has 8 vehicles full of cool customizations, 6 game modes, 10 race tracks, 5 weapons, awesome power ups and much more with further additions yet to come!
- Intense Racing: Hit speeds of up to 1000 kmph, driving on floors, ceilings and walls. GRIP's car designs allow for driving on both sides, so flipping the car no longer means game over
- Awesome Pick-ups: Use an array of power-ups and weapons to get the edge on your opponents. Ranging from missiles and guns to shields and turbos, we plan to have a wide array of exciting pick-ups to use
- Exotic Planets: Race on a variety of planets, from hostile icy worlds to alien jungle to sprawling non-terrestrial cities. Use destruction as a tool to win (not yet implemented*), crashing your surroundings down on your opponents, or lose your tail by heading through an alternate track route
- Badass Rides: Choose from a roster of armoured cars, manufactured by different companies from around the galaxy. Each car has different specs - some swift and agile, others brutish and heavily armoured. There's a killer car for every taste
- Bangin' Tunes: Race to a thumping soundtrack from a variety of artists. Drum n Bass is our main kick
Links : 1) Source 2) Website