It wasn't long ago now that here on Indie Retro News, we did multiple features for JOTD's fabulous Arcade conversion of the 1980's hit classic's Pac-Man, a game which was released on the Amiga as Pacman 500 (link). Well today's news came as a complete surprise to us and one I think you'll be pleased to hear, as thanks to another heads up by a good friend of ours, we have learnt that JOTD has released a fully complete version of Ms Pacman over to the Amiga 500; Yet another great Arcade conversion of the 1982 classic that's well worth a download.
This looks to be a good Arcade homage for those of you who remember the classic from 1982. As not only does it have all the dot chomping goodness you could want in a Pac-Man Arcade game, but the main character is now Ms Pacman, it features sound effects from the classic 1982 game, and much much more which will make you feel like you're playing yet another classic on your Amiga! So yes certainly one to download and enjoy through the week ahead.
- - original visual & sounds
- - original ghost behaviour & speed
- - 50 frames per second (PAL) even on a 68000 A500
- - all levels & bonuses & intermission sequences
- - original intro
- - joystick controlled (port 1) or keyboard controls (arrows + space)
- - can run directly from shell or from whdload (fast machines/complex configurations)