Back in the day I used to love playing the Arcade bomb dropping multiplayer game of Bomberman; a game which was actually first released way back in 1983 by Hudson Soft and then published by Konami. Well if you too played this awesome game back in the day with a bunch of friends or against the AI, you may be interested to know that if you head on over to the link below, you can play the final version of Super Bomberman 2 Remix: A remake of the NES/SNES game that has been released for the ZX Spectrum 128k.
Here is what the website says about the game " In the far 2001, a Marie Slip’s port of the world famous game “Super Bomberman 2” was released on ZX Spectrum. More than 20 years passed since then, and the same author, but now with a team of professionals, decided to rebuild the game, creating it from scratch. You are greeted by a hi-quality engine, brand new graphics and music, new prizes, new worlds, new enemies and at the end it is necessary to fight with a boss. The game also has its own uncomplicated story that immerses you in this fun universe. The game’s engine guarantees smooth 50 fps movement and animation, plenty of sound effects and music to AY-8910 from a professional musician, as well as General Sound support".
Code: Marie Slip, Gogin
Graphics: Joe Vondayl
Testing: Black Cat, Alex
UPDATE V1.1 :
- - More than 10 rare bugs fixed (thanks to the community for their help in finding them!).
- - The demo version has become a full-fledged gaming demo that has an end and a beginning. The demo version includes the first 5 levels and the casino.
- - Have you been annoyed by flickering sprites? The game engine has been accelerated so that sprites no longer flicker on computers with slow memory.
- - The entire engine has been redesigned, with the hit boxes now using pixel-precision technique, which means the game now more enjoyable to play.
- - Added the ability to choose a character when playing as a single person (yeah, you may roleplay a girl even when playing solo!).
- - Fixed bugs with weapons, casino, and game freezes.
- - When playing in HARD mode, the balance has been corrected. The “Shield” prize works for one level, then is taken away. This way you can’t just bomb everything.
- - Well and still the game runs fine at 50 fps.