Prague based Team 21 have just launched their shiny new Kickstarter campaign for the gorgeous old-school style RPG Dungeons of Alegorn. Inspired by the rock hard dungeon crawlers of old but with graphics and gameplay bang up to date, DoA promises to be a must-not-miss adventure for fans of the genre.
The list of influences is long and distinguished, including Betrayal at Krondor, Realms of Arcania: Shadows over Riva, Might & Magic, King's Bounty and the Fallout series, and by which Team 21 have set themselves a high bar indeed. And one thing is plainly obvious: they have a team of very talented individuals who certainly know what they are doing, as the visuals supplied have been nothing short of jaw dropping for an indie team. Both the concept art and the in game screenshots are nothing short of stunning and if they can pull off a game to the scale they are promising then DoA will be a non-stop visual feast.
- A combination of the time-tested principles of former masterpieces with the advantages of current technology.
- Classical high-fantasy game setting that places emphasis on realism within its world's rules.
- Start with a ready-to-go party of heroes, chosen from a combination of seven races and six classes - or create your own!
- Branching skills and further specializations.
- Total immersion into an enormous archipelago realm with various climates and landscapes.
- Original and atmospheric soundtrack designed by our in-house composer.
- No more long winded following of quest markers - get your brain ready for intriguing quests with multiple solutions.
- DRM free.
- Detailed inventory
- Complex Quests
- Multiple ways to complete quests
- Hundreds of NPCs to interact with
- and much much more..
Team 21 has a lot to be proud of with getting to the alpha stage they are at, but now need your help to get them to full release and as such are only asking for a modest $60,000 (a mere 1/10th of what is being asked for Descent...). The list of team members have plenty of high flying past projects under their belts so they are now wanting for lack of experience.