Once again one of our readers by the name of Retro Nerd has given us the quick heads up over a fantastic release which is sure to excite the C64 gaming crowd. Winner of the F64GC 2015: Adventure competition coming first place amongst 6 entries and a previous mention by ourselves (link). Caren and the Tangled Tentacles, developed by Oliver Lindau and team such as Martin Wendt and Kamil Wolnikowski has now reached version 1.1!
In our opinion Caren and the Tangled Tentacles is regarded as one of the best adventure games by a homebrew developer in a Lucasarts style. Especially as this release is, according to the developer; extended, better and fixed! So download it today, your C64 will love you for it.
- - Fully handwritten 6502 Assembler multitasking adventure engine, 50Hz, 32 Threads
- - Own scripting language which is compiled directly into 6502-Assembler
- - Handpixeled graphics in MulticolorCharset Mode of the C64
- (in short: 4 colors per 4x8 square, three global out of 16, one unique out of 8)
- (or: two colors in 8x8, one global, one out of 8)
- - SFXs use all three voices of the SID, alternatively: 3 channel music, no compromises